(G.N.S) Dt. 6
India and China have agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra in eastern Ladakh, Army said on Friday after 12th round of Corps Commander talks.
The agreement on PP17A was reached during the 12th round of Corps Commander-level talks held last week. The meeting, which was part of a series of measures to resolve the 15-month standoff in Ladakh, was held on the Indian side of the Chushul-Moldo border.
As per the agreement reached during Corps Commander talks, both sides (India-China) ceased forward deployments in PP-17 in phased, coordinated & verified manner. The disengagement process was carried out over 4-5 August 2021. Both sides are now in their respective permanent bases, Army said.
“All temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified. The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to pre-stand off period,” the Indian Army said.
“This agreement ensures that the LAC in this area will be strictly observed and respected by both sides, and that there is no unilateral change in status quo.”
The Indian Army along with ITBP is totally committed to ensure the sovereignty of the nation and maintain peace & tranquility along the LAC in the Western Sector, it added.